UpdatedThursday November 11, 2021 byHalton Hills Minor Ball Hockey League.
HALTON HILLS MINOR BALL HOCKEY LEAGUE - 2022 RULES AND REGULATIONS
The HHMBHL rules are based on the C.B.H.A. Rules and Regulations. Please refer to it for a complete list of all rules. This document summarizes the C.B.H.A. Rules and Regulations and lists HHMBHL specific rules that may differ from C.B.H.A. rule books.
- Any persons, spectator, player or team representative, who threatens, pushes, strikes or verbally abuses the League Conveners, staff or Game Officials including Timekeepers during their course of administrating the functions of the league, will be automatically expelled from HHMBHL.
- C.S.A. approved helmet with full facial protection, Hockey gloves or D-Gel Zebra gloves, soccer shin pads and athletic cup are mandatory. Soft elbow pads, shin pads and knee pads are recommended.
- Only Coaches registered with the HHMBHL are allowed on the player’s bench. A maximum of 4 coaches are allowed.
- All games consist of three 10 minute stop time periods. There will be no overtime in Regular Season play. In the Play-offs overtime will be one 5 minute STOP time sudden death period. If still tied, each team will take 3 penalty shots. If the score remains tied, the game will go into sudden death penalty shots.
- The RED LINE will be used for icing.
- The FLOATING BLUE LINE rule is in effect.
- Each team shall be permitted one 30 second time out per period.
- The Game Clock will be Running Time when there is a 5 goal difference or more in the 2nd Period of the game. The Game Clock shall return to Stop Time whenever there is there is less than a 5 goal difference.
- The final score will always reflect a maximum five goal spread for tiebreaker purposes regardless of the actual score. If Team A defeats Team B 7-1, the final score will be recorded as a 6-1 result.
- Contacting the ball above the height of the shoulders will result in a 2 minute penalty.
- If a player loses their helmet during play he must pick it up and put it back on before rejoining the play otherwise it will result in a 2 minute penalty.
- High sticking the ball is only a 2 minute minor penalty. All Stick penalties are 4 minute minor penalties. Stick penalties are Slashing, High Sticking, Cross Checking, Spearing Minor and Butt-ending Minor.
- Any player receiving 3 penalties of any kind in one game will be ejected from the game.
- A Hit From Behind penalty, regardless if it is a minor or major penalty results, in an automatic game ejection.
MAJOR, MISCONDUCT AND GAME EJECTION PENALTIES
- All such incidents will be reviewed by league officials and can incur ejection from the league. Please see the handbook for suspensions assessed for major penalties.
LEARN TO PLAY PROGRAM (GAME RULES)
- The group will be broken into 4 teams and they will rotate through 4 different drill stations for a period of approximately 5-7 minutes each. The remainder of the program will consist of 2 games played simultaneously width wise in each half of the rink.
- The 2-3 minute shift horn will be used.
- Slap shots are NOT allowed.
- Penalties will NOT be applied, a warning shall be issued.
- There will NOT be any rules or any Stoppage of Play. The referee shall tell the goalie to play the ball or the referee shall toss the ball into the corner to keep play on.
- The only stoppage of plays that will take place are at the 2-3 minute shift horn or after a goal is scored where the teams will face-off in the middle of their half floor surface.
UNDER 8 (TYKE) AND UNDER 10 (NOVICE) GAME RULES
- Slap shots are NOT allowed.
- During Under 8 (Tyke) games, penalties will NOT be applied, a warning shall be issued.
UNDER 12 (ATOM), UNDER 14 (PEEWEE), UNDER 16 (BANTAM), AND UNDER 18 (JUNIOR) GAMES
Slap shots are allowed.